Summary Privacy Notice
This leaflet tells you what information Cutting Hill Clinic collects from you and what we do with your information.
- What information does Cutting Hill Clinic collect about me? We collect information about you and your health in order to give you treatment in our hospitals. This means that we have to follow the law whenever we use your personal information.
2. What does Cutting Hill Clinic do with my information? We use your information to create a patient profile for you and to give you treatment. We will make sure we follow any laws which tell us what we should and should not do with your information.
3. Who does Cutting Hill Clinic share my information with? We share your information with: • people who look after you, from our reception team to any doctors and nurses (including doctors and nurses who do not work as Cutting Hill Clinic) • your parent or guardian • those who pay for your treatment (your parent or guardian, or someone else) • PHIN, an organisation who collect information on healthcare in the UK • the NHS
4. How long does Cutting Hill Clinic keep my information for? Cutting Hill Clinic generally keeps information about your care for 30 years after you have finished your treatment. If you would like to know more, see our detailed Privacy Notice.
5. How does Cutting Hill Clinic keep my information safe? We take the protection of your information very seriously. All information is held safely and we make sure that if anyone at Cutting Hill Clinic uses your information, they are trained to do so. If we share your information with other people, we make sure it is done in a safe way.
6. What rights do I have? The law allows you to potentially do lots of things with your personal information. For example, if you would like to see what information we hold on you, you can ask your parent or guardian to make a subject access request and contact your hospital team, who will provide your parent or guardian with more information. You can also ask us to correct information we hold about you, or even delete it (although we don’t always have to do so). You can also tell us if you do not want us to use your personal information in any particular way but this may mean that in some cases, we cannot treat you. Please ask your parent or guardian to pass on any requests to our Data Protection Officer (whose contact details are set out below).
7. Who can I speak to if I have any questions about anything in this leaflet? Please ask your parent or guardian to pass your question to our Data Protection Officer who will be able to help you. You or your parent or guardian can also read our detailed Privacy Notice
8. What if I am unhappy with anything which Cutting Hill Clinic has done or wants to do with my personal information? You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner, who is responsible for making sure everyone in the UK treats personal information properly.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 24th May 2018.